Thursday 20 January 2011

The King's Speech

So last night I went to see the King's Speech at the cinema. The other half wouldn't come and see it with me ("A film about a bloke with a stammer? Sounds shit!"), so went along with some friends, and oh my God it's amazing! I haven't seen a film that good at the cinema in ages, so I would definitely recommend it to anyone that's debating going. I've never laughed so much at someone swearing in a film!

Anyway, this is what I wore...

Scarf: vintage / Top: H&M / Trousers: H&M / Necklace: Topshop / Brogues: ASOS

The khaki trousers are unbelievably comfortable, which I continue to be surprised at as they're super skinny! They remind me of the jodhpurs I used to wear when I went horse riding.

The scarf I absolutely adore - a recent vintage find...

 Please ignore my horrible carpet!


One of my favourite things about January (ok, my only favourite thing, January doesn't have much going for itself!) is the amount of great films that are out. Next on my list to see are 127 Hours, Black Swan and the Fighter (I'll watch anything with Christian Bale in, he's an incredible actor!). With the Golden Globes out of the way, we just have the Oscars to wait for! I really hope Colin Firth gets the Academy Award for Best Actor.

In other news, tomorrow is my last day at work! So tonight I'll be busy baking cakes for everyone. I still don't understand that rule - I'm leaving, so surely everyone else should have to make me cakes :-)

Felicity x

3 comments:

  1. Husband: Want to go see The King's Speech?
    Me: What's that?
    Husband: Some movie about a stuttering king.
    Me: ?
    Husband: It has Colin Firth.
    Me: I'll get the tickets.

    Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha love it! Colin Firth alone is a great reason to go and see it ;) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitly recommend 127 hours, it's a bit gruesome at one point but worth watching x

    ReplyDelete