Sunday 6 February 2011

Celeb red carpet style - Diane Kruger

I will admit right now, I'm a bit jealous of Diane Kruger. Not only has she worked with Quentin Tarantino, Brad Pitt (on more than one occasion), Eric Bana, Orlanda Bloom... but she's also got a lovely boyfriend in the form of Joshua Jackson (aka Pacey from Dawsons Creek - I'm so jealous!).


Now I'm not too sure what to make of this dress. Diane wore this to the National Movie Awards in London last year and certainly turned heads. She has an incredible figure and pulls it off, but I'm really not a fan - the shape is gorgeous, and I love the shoes, but the colour, pattern and material really don't do anything for me.

I'm used to seeing her looking stunning on the red carpet, which you'll see evidence of below!


I love this dress! It's the gorgeous ivory silk Marchesa dress that she wore to the Cannes Film Festival back in 2009, for the premiere of Inglorious Basterds (amazing film by the way!). Long white dresses are often a bit too "weddingy" on the red carpet, and they can be difficult to pull off. But the cape and the gorgeous embroidered detail make it a bit different to all the other white dresses that celebs favour at premieres.
 Now I'm not too sure about this dress. Even though it's a Chanel dress and it was her look for the 2010 Oscars, I'm not a fan. I don't like the changing textures of the layers - they make her look curvy in a bad way, and really do nothing for her figure. If it was the same texture throughout and didn't have the black chiffon breaking it up into sections then I might think differently.

But don't even get me started on the high halterneck!



I think this is my favourite of all of Diane Kurger's red carpet looks - she wore this dress to the 2009 Venice Film Festival. I absolutely adore the shape and style of her dark green dress, the pleated skirt is absolutely gorgeous. The shoes really bring the outfit all together and I must have them!

This dress wouldn't necessarily be seen as a "typical" red carpet dress, and when I was having a look for any celebs that have worn similar style dresses I couldn't find a single one, which is a rarity!




 I like this simple white shift dress the gorgeous Miss Kruger wore to the People's Choice Awards in 2010. It's cute and she's got the legs for it! Pared with gladiator-style heels and simple silver accessories, it looks fab. She pulls off both long evening gowns and short dresses incredibly well, and she branches out into both styles as opposed to sticking to one style that works for her, as many other stars do.

The custom made Jason Wu dress Kruger wore, above, to the 2010 Screen Actos Guild Awards is divine, but it really reminded me of a similar mustard yellow dress that Michelle Williams (see below) wore 4 years previously. I love both of the dresses! I normally can't stand the colour yellow, but I've been warming to mustard yellow recently and am now on the hunt for a cardigan in that shade. The colour obviously seems to work on pale blondes as they both look absolutely stunning.




 
And on that note, next week's featured celeb will be Michelle Williams!



No comments:

Post a Comment